TABLETS (ivermectin) This leaflet is about the use of ivermectin 12mg tablets for the treatment of certain parasitic infections. It is important that you read it carefully before taking this medicine. Please keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
What is in this leaflet
1. What ivermectin 12mg tablets are and what they are used for
2. Before you take ivermectin 12mg tablets
3. How to take ivermectin 12mg tablets
4. Possible side effects
5. How to store ivermectin 12mg tablets
6. Further information
What ivermectin 12mg tablets are and what they are used for
Ivermectin 12mg tablets contain the active ingredient ivermectin, which is an anti-parasitic medicine used to treat certain parasitic infections. It works by killing the parasites that cause the infection.
Ivermectin 12mg tablets are used to treat:
• Strongyloidiasis (threadworm infection)
• Onchocerciasis (river blindness)
• Lymphatic filariasis (elephantiasis)
Before you take ivermectin 12mg tablets
Do not take ivermectin 12mg tablets if:
• You are allergic (hypersensitive) to ivermectin or any of the other ingredients of ivermectin 12mg tablets (listed in section 6)
• You are pregnant or breast-feeding
Take special care with ivermectin 12mg tablets
• If you have any liver or kidney problems
• If you have any heart problems
• If you have any neurological problems
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
How to take ivermectin 12mg tablets
Always take ivermectin 12mg tablets exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The usual dose is one tablet taken once.
Swallow the tablet with a glass of water.
If you take more ivermectin 12mg tablets than you should
If you take more ivermectin 12mg tablets than you should, tell your doctor or go to the nearest hospital casualty department straight away. Take the medicine pack with you.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, ivermectin 12mg tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects may occur:
• Abdominal pain
• Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store ivermectin 12mg tablets
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use ivermectin 12mg tablets after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and blister after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
Do not store above 25°C.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
What ivermectin 12mg tablets contain
• The active substance is ivermectin. Each tablet contains 12mg of ivermectin.
• The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, maize starch, povidone, magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica and talc.
What ivermectin 12mg tablets look like and contents of the pack
Ivermectin 12mg tablets are white, round, biconvex tablets. They are available in packs of 6 tablets.
Ivermectin 12mg is a medication used to treat a variety of parasitic infections. It is most commonly used to treat head lice, scabies, and other types of parasitic infections. It is also used to treat certain types of river blindness and strongyloidiasis. Ivermectin works by paralyzing and killing the parasites that cause the infection.
Directions for Use
/ML ORAL SOLUTION
1. Shake the bottle well before use.
2. Measure the correct dose using an appropriate measuring device.
3. Administer the dose orally.
4. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
5. Discard any unused solution.
6. Store the product in a cool, dry place.
7. Keep out of reach of children.
8. Seek medical advice if you experience any adverse reactions.
Ivermectin 12mg should be stored at a temperature between 15°C and 30°C. It should be kept away from direct sunlight and moisture.
Ivermectin 12mg is a prescription medication used to treat a variety of parasitic infections. It is an antiparasitic drug that works by killing parasites that live inside the body. It is most commonly used to treat infections caused by roundworms, hookworms, and other parasites. It can also be used to treat scabies and lice. Ivermectin 12mg is available in tablet, oral suspension, and injectable forms. It is usually taken once a day, with or without food. Common side effects of ivermectin 12mg include nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Ivermectin 12mg is a medication used to treat a variety of parasitic infections. It is most commonly used to treat head lice, scabies, and other types of parasitic infections. It is also used to treat certain types of river blindness and other worm infections. Ivermectin works by killing the parasites that cause the infection. It is available in both oral and topical forms.
The benefits of using ivermectin 12mg include:
1. It is effective in treating a variety of parasitic infections.
2. It is safe and well-tolerated.
3. It is easy to use and can be taken orally or applied topically.
4. It is relatively inexpensive compared to other treatments.
5. It has few side effects.
6. It can be used to treat both adults and children.
7. It can be used to treat both internal and external parasites.
8. It can be used to treat both acute and chronic infections.
9. It can be used to prevent reinfection.
10. It can be used to treat infections in animals as well as humans.
Common side effects of ivermectin 12mg include:
4. Abdominal pain
10. Swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat
11. Difficulty breathing or swallowing
12. Chest tightness
13. Low blood pressure
14. Loss of appetite
15. Muscle or joint pain
16. Unusual tiredness or weakness
Precautions and Warnings
Ivermectin 12mg is a prescription medication used to treat certain parasitic infections. It is important to take this medication exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
Common side effects of Ivermectin 12mg include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, headache, dizziness, and rash.
Before taking Ivermectin 12mg, tell your doctor if you have any allergies, liver or kidney disease, or a history of seizures.
Ivermectin 12mg may cause dizziness or drowsiness. Do not drive, operate machinery, or do any activity that requires alertness until you are sure you can perform such activities safely.
Ivermectin 12mg may interact with other medications, including antibiotics, antifungals, and anticonvulsants. Tell your doctor about all medications you are taking.
Ivermectin 12mg should not be used during pregnancy unless the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk to the fetus.
Ivermectin 12mg should not be used in children younger than 6 months of age.
It is important to tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed while taking Ivermectin 12mg.
Do not take more or less of this medication than prescribed. Do not stop taking this medication without first talking to your doctor.
How Does It Work?
Ivermectin 12mg is an anti-parasitic medication used to treat a variety of parasitic infections. It works by killing the parasites or preventing them from reproducing. It is usually taken orally, either as a tablet or liquid suspension. It can also be given as an injection. Ivermectin works by binding to certain proteins in the parasites, which causes paralysis and death. It is effective against a wide range of parasites, including roundworms, hookworms, and mites.
Q: Can I take during pregnancy?
No, it is not recommended to take Ivermectin 12mg during pregnancy. Ivermectin is a medication used to treat certain parasitic infections, and it is not known to be safe for use during pregnancy. It is best to consult with your doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy.
Can I take while breastfeeding?
No, it is not recommended to take Ivermectin 12mg while breastfeeding. It is best to consult with your doctor before taking any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I consume alcohol with?
No, you should not consume alcohol while taking Ivermectin 12mg. Alcohol can increase the risk of side effects and may interact with the medication. It is best to avoid alcohol while taking this medication.
Can I drive if I have consumed?
No, you should not drive after taking Ivermectin 12mg. This medication can cause drowsiness, dizziness, and blurred vision, which can impair your ability to drive. It is best to wait at least 8 hours after taking Ivermectin 12mg before driving.
Q: What is ivermectin 12mg?
A: Ivermectin 12mg is an antiparasitic medication used to treat certain parasitic infections, such as head lice, scabies, river blindness, and strongyloidiasis. It works by killing the parasites or preventing their growth and reproduction.