As the coronavirus pandemic continues to spread, cities around the world are taking drastic measures to protect their citizens. In this major city, indoor dining is about to be banned in an effort to reduce the spread of the virus. This means that restaurants, bars, and other establishments that offer indoor dining will no longer be able to serve customers in their establishments. This ban will have a major impact on the city’s economy, as many restaurants and bars rely on indoor dining for their income. It will also have a major impact on the city’s residents, who will no longer be able to enjoy the convenience of indoor dining.
Indoor Dining Is About to Be Banned in This Major City
The mayor of a major city has announced that indoor dining will be banned in the city due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases. The ban will take effect immediately and will remain in place until further notice.
The mayor said that the decision was made in order to protect the health and safety of the city’s residents. He noted that the number of cases has been steadily increasing in recent weeks and that the city must take action to prevent the spread of the virus.
The ban will apply to all restaurants, bars, and other establishments that serve food and drinks indoors. Outdoor dining will still be allowed, but customers must maintain social distancing and wear masks at all times. Takeout and delivery services will also be allowed.
The mayor urged residents to continue to follow safety protocols such as wearing masks, washing hands, and avoiding large gatherings. He also asked residents to support local businesses by ordering takeout or delivery.
The ban on indoor dining is just one of many measures that the city is taking to combat the spread of COVID-19. Other measures include closing non-essential businesses, limiting the number of people in public spaces, and encouraging residents to stay home as much as possible.
The mayor said that the ban on indoor dining is necessary to protect the health and safety of the city’s residents. He urged residents to continue to follow safety protocols and to support local businesses during this difficult time.
The U.S. is at the moment dealing with an all-time excessive of coronavirus instances, with 1.37 million new instances popping up final week. In an effort to cease the unfold, the governor of the previous epicenter of the pandemic is ready to challenge new restrictions on eating places.
Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo warned New Yorkers on Monday that he would ban indoor eating as soon as once more if town’s hospitalization fee didn’t “stabilize within the subsequent 5 days.” In keeping with state knowledge, 1,375 COVID-19 sufferers have been hospitalized within the metropolis as of Saturday—up 305 sufferers from the earlier Saturday, Nov. 28.
Whereas Cuomo did not affirm if he would ban indoor eating, he did say the present hospitalization fee indicated a shutdown order may come as early as this Saturday. Eating places would have till the next Monday to adjust to any new restrictions. (Associated: The Saddest Restaurant Closures In Your State.)
Cuomo had earlier warned that indoor eating in New York Metropolis can be suspended if the numbers “confirmed a seven-day positivity fee of three% or increased for 10 consecutive days,” in line with Eater. Nevertheless, town’s present positivity fee is at the moment sitting at 4%. Limiting indoor eating can be one measure to cease hospitals from being overwhelmed, however will it’s sufficient to mitigate the unfold of COVID-19?
As temperatures drop, an increasing number of individuals are inevitably starting to assemble indoors. And with extra vacation festivities on the horizon, the probability of one other spike in instances will increase additional. Within the absence of federal support, restaurant house owners and hospitality trade specialists concern that non permanent closures will rapidly flip into everlasting ones.
To remain updated on the newest eating restrictions nationwide, be certain to join our e-newsletter.