The Royal Family’s Christmas dessert is a classic and delicious treat that has been enjoyed for generations. It is a traditional British pudding that is made with dried fruits, spices, and brandy. This dessert is a great way to end a festive meal and is sure to be a hit with your family and friends. In this guide, we will show you how to make the Royal Family’s Christmas dessert. We will provide step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the ingredients, assemble the pudding, and bake it to perfection. With a few simple steps, you can make a delicious dessert that will be the highlight of your holiday meal.
How to Make The Royal Family’s Christmas Dessert
The Royal Family’s Christmas dessert is a classic British treat that has been enjoyed for centuries. This traditional dessert is a combination of dried fruits, nuts, and spices, and is usually served with a dollop of cream or custard. If you’re looking to recreate this classic dessert at home, here’s what you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup of dried currants
- 1/2 cup of raisins
- 1/2 cup of chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of chopped dates
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 cup of brandy
- 1/4 cup of orange juice
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the dried cranberries, currants, raisins, almonds, walnuts, dates, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and cloves. Pour the brandy, orange juice, honey, and melted butter over the mixture and stir until everything is evenly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until everything is just combined.
- Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) round cake pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan and spread it out evenly. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before serving. Serve with a dollop of cream or custard, if desired.
Enjoy your Royal Family’s Christmas dessert!
In case you’re using solo this vacation season, likelihood is you will not want to organize an entire feast. This unprecedented 12 months presents you with a uncommon alternative: attempting out a totally new recipe. And why not check one out that is match for a queen?
The Royal Household simply shared their recipe for a standard Christmas pudding—straight from their kitchens within the U.Okay.
“As we speak is #StirupSunday: historically the day when residence cooks ‘fire up’ their Christmas pudding combination,” the household tweeted over the weekend. “This 12 months, cooks within the Royal kitchens have shared their recipe for a standard Christmas pudding. We hope that a few of you take pleasure in making it in your individual properties.” (Associated: 100 Best Recipes You Can Make.)
As an alternative of whipping up a large pastry this 12 months, contemplate downsizing to keep away from meals waste—and a large abdomen ache. In the identical thread, the Royal Household included the elements you want to make the regal dish at residence. Oh, and did we point out it is boozy? You will want beer, brandy, and darkish rum on-hand, so be certain to replenish your bar cart beforehand. (Beneath is your full grocery checklist.)
These elements make 2 x 1kg puddings:
? 250g raisins
? 250g currants
? 185g sultanas
? 150g blended peel
? 250g suet or vegetarian suet
? 250g breadcrumbs
? 90g flour
?12g blended spice
? 2 entire eggs
?180g demerara sugar
? 275ml beer
? 40ml darkish rum
? 40ml brandy
— The Royal Household (@RoyalFamily) November 22, 2020
The method for making this pastry appears pretty easy—not less than that is the impression we received from watching the Royal’s how-to clip. Here is what you want to do: First, mix the dry elements with the liquids and eggs in a mixing bowl. Subsequent, switch the contents into small, greased bowls (the tops of which ought to be coated with parchment paper). Lastly, steam the bowls in a deep sauce pan. Cowl the highest of the pan with foil, and let all the pieces prepare dinner for six hours.
Talking of the vacations, do not miss 5 CDC Suggestions To Bear in mind at Your Thanksgiving Gathering.