If you’re looking for the best baking supplies to buy at Costco in 2023, you’ve come to the right place. Costco is a great place to shop for baking supplies, as they offer a wide variety of products at competitive prices. From baking pans and cake decorating tools to ingredients and baking mixes, Costco has everything you need to make delicious treats. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the best baking supplies to buy at Costco in 2023. We’ll discuss the different types of baking supplies available, as well as the benefits of shopping at Costco for baking supplies. We’ll also provide some tips on how to get the most out of your Costco shopping experience. So, let’s get started!
Best Baking Supplies To Buy at Costco in 2023
Costco is a great place to shop for baking supplies, and in 2023, the selection of products is sure to be even better. Here are some of the best baking supplies to buy at Costco in 2023:
- Flour: Costco carries a wide variety of flours, including all-purpose, bread, cake, and pastry flours. Look for organic and gluten-free options, too.
- Sugar: Costco has a great selection of sugars, including granulated, brown, and powdered. Look for organic and natural options, too.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: Costco carries a variety of baking powder and baking soda, including organic and gluten-free options.
- Chocolate Chips: Costco has a great selection of chocolate chips, including semi-sweet, dark, and white. Look for organic and vegan options, too.
- Cocoa Powder: Costco carries a variety of cocoa powders, including Dutch-processed and natural. Look for organic and fair-trade options, too.
- Nuts and Seeds: Costco has a great selection of nuts and seeds, including almonds, walnuts, and sunflower seeds. Look for organic and raw options, too.
- Cake Mixes: Costco carries a variety of cake mixes, including gluten-free and vegan options. Look for organic and natural options, too.
- Cookie Mixes: Costco has a great selection of cookie mixes, including gluten-free and vegan options. Look for organic and natural options, too.
- Icing and Frosting: Costco carries a variety of icings and frostings, including buttercream and cream cheese. Look for organic and natural options, too.
With so many great baking supplies to choose from, you’re sure to find everything you need to make delicious treats at Costco in 2023!
The product recommendations in this post are recommendations by the writer and/or expert(s)
interviewed and do not contain affiliate links. Meaning: If you use these links to buy
something, we will not earn a commission.
While making a pitstop at Costco’s bakery is a surefire way to satisfy your cravings, both sweet and savory, nothing beats a homemade baked good. Not only does baking in your own kitchen grant you total control over the ingredients being used, but it can also be more economical.
Luckily, Costco is home to plenty of high-quality products that can help you bring your baking goals to fruition. To get the lowdown on the best baking supplies at the warehouse, we consulted Heather Mubarak, creator of the baking blog Browned Butter Blondie, founder of the award-winning confection company The Toffee Box, and author of Stuffed: The Sandwich Cookie Book.
A loyal Costco member for over 20 years, Mubarak stocked up on baking supplies at her local warehouse in Carlsbad, Calif., while creating recipes for new cookbook. “Recipe testing requires a lot of ingredients!” she says. “Buying in bulk for better per-item prices was top of mind.”
Read on to discover some of Mubarak’s go-to baking products you’ll want to have in your own kitchen. All prices shown are online-only and may be lower at your local warehouse.
No matter the baked good you’re making, butter is a crucial ingredient to have at the ready. Since Mubarak bakes just about every day, she doesn’t hesitate to stock up Kirkland’s Signature Sweet Cream Butter.
“It’s high quality, tastes great, and they also sell it in a salted version,” she says. “I buy extra and pop a few pounds in the freezer to keep it fresh.”
Costco sells the butter in a four-pack for $15.99 online, with each one-pound pack costing about $4. Meanwhile, the average retail cost of butter per pound in February was around $4.87, according to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
Just like butter, granulated sugar—also known as white sugar or “regular sugar”—is a must-have ingredient for any baker. For Mubarak, purchasing Costco’s 10-pound bags of C&H Granulated Sugar is a no-brainer.
“It’s a quality product that doesn’t expire if stored properly,” she says. To extend the product’s shelf life, she suggests storing the sugar in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, adding, “it will keep for years.”
To eliminate sticking, promote even baking, and facilitate easy cleanup, parchment paper can be a lifesaver in the kitchen. Among the many brands that line the shelf, Mubarak is a fan of Kirkland Signature’s Culinary Parchment Paper, which is non-stick and FSC-certified. This means the product “[comes] from responsibly managed forests that provide environmental, social and economic benefits,” according to the Forest Stewardship Council.
“I use it to line cookie sheets and brownie pans, for stacking cookies in containers, and even for rolling out cookie dough,” Mubarak says.
Whether you’re making cookies, pastries, chocolate bark, or toffee, it’s essential to have baking sheets you can trust. One product Mubarak recommends is Nordic Ware’s 3-Piece Non-Stick Aluminum Baking Sheets, noting that they heat quickly and evenly, are easy to clean up because they’re non-stick, and won’t warp or rust after years of use.
Available online from Costco for $24.99, the set comes with two half-sheets and one-quarter sheet, so you can use them for culinary creations of various sizes.
We all know that baking can be messy—but that’s half the fun, right? With that being said, having easy access to cleaning products can help make the baking process run more smoothly.
In addition to buying standard cleaning supplies like dish soap, dishwasher detergent, and sponges from Costco, Mubarak also opts for Boston Traders’ Microfiber All-Purpose Towels in an effort to minimize her household’s paper towel use. Costco currently sells an eight-pack of the towels in multiple color options for $21.99 online.